15 Things You May Not Know About New Hampshire
- The second highest wind speed ever recorded on ground level was at Mt. Washington on April 12, 1934, measuring 231 miles per hour.
- NH is the only state to have ever hosted a peace agreement for a foreign war. This event ended the Russo-Japanese War.
- The first potato planted in the US was in Londonderry, NH.
- The first American to travel into space was from East Derry, NH. His name was Alan Shepard Jr.
- NH was the first State to declare its independence from England, 6 months before the Declaration of Independence.
- NH is home of the first known reported Alien kidnapping. A state historical marker now marks the spot.
- NH is the only state to not have a law for seat belts and motorcycle helmets.
- The Country's longest running lottery is in NH.
- The snowmobile was invented in Ossipee, NH.
- In NH it is against the law to sell the clothes you are wearing to settle a gambling debt.
- Cannon Mountain in NH is home to the first passenger tramway in North America.
- The state fruit of NH is the pumpkin.
- The first alarm clock was invented in NH in 1787
- The film “Jumanji” was filmed in Keene, NH
- NH’s state insect is the ladybug
Co-owner of Ammonoosuc Goods